Friday, April 27, 2012

Write something...

For the past few months I have come across several posts which emphasized why blogging(writing) is a good thing and I could see why that's true.

Once there was an article on CNN which said all the unfair practices of Foxconn is not going to hurt Apple's sales. I was so fired up to bash that writer, so looked at his post again to paraphrase him, and to my surprise everything he said was true. I wanted him to preach people not to buy any Apple products for ethical reasons, but I realized that his article was just fact based. Its true there are "Opinion" columns, which persuade people towards the author's opinions, but this was not such a column. This is just one example of why blogging is good. When we are writing anything for the whole world to see (I am not kidding myself, my blog readership is in single digits on a lucky day) we tend to be more careful. Also, just the act of writing helps us think more about something.

Yesterday I came across yet another article , and from the comments, came across this 'Don't break the chain' and found a great tool to implement it. The first thing I am going to do after hitting the publish button is add a link to my 'Blog daily' chain.

Happy blogging!


No comments:

Post a Comment